Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Meeting of the Minds

(shelli) Alrighty. Had a meeting of the minds Tuesday and learned some things...Not only do I have an "old man's cancer" but mine has been growing at a fast pace. One lymph node (from my chest wall) is cancer-laden, which indicates cancer has spread in my body. Adenocarcinoma is a type of cancer originating in glandular tissue/secretion areas. Mine just happens to be where the digestive enzymes are secreted into the small bowel and near the connection of the stomach (duodenum). So what does this mean? There are different stages to having cancer 1-4, and I am in stage 3. So more serious, but not a death sentence. As we are a praying bunch, prayers should be specific about cancer not spreading to other lymph nodes nor to my organs.

What has changed: My chemo treatments have been increased, meds added and adjusted, an MRI obtained, low blood sugar, pain and bleeding issues are managed more closely, immunology issues addressed, other doctors involved and I am exploring some homepathic healing ways. My optimism remains in tact.

The absolute good news is the tumor in my small bowel has been erradicated thanks to intense radiation treatments. Surprisingly, I am feeling well overall and believe its from your prayers, fasting and having my name on Temple rolls. Small miracles are happening....Thank you for all you are doing on my behalf and that of my family!
about 3 months ago ·

(Laurel Plumb) You have amazing spirit Shelli! You are being blessed through this! Love hearing about those wonderful tender mercies ;) Thank you for the specifics to help make our prayers more focused in your behalf. Continue to stay focused and strong. I love you!November 20, 2010 at 10:51pm

No comments:

Post a Comment