Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What to say. . .

(Shelli) What to say...what to say. Radiation was re-started on Tue on my chest wall to address potential growth of other surrounding tissues from having had a cancer-laden lymph node nearby. Radiation isn't all bad, just makes one tired and gives a metallic taste in one's mouth. I have 4 more sessions of that, meanwhile chemo continues. Complete MRI results are forthcoming.

I have come to realize why its called a Cancer Battle. Its not just the Cancer you are trying to kill in order to survive in hopes of reclaiming your life back, nor is it the challenging treatments, lab work, blood transfusions, frequent bad news from doctors, negative test results, nor the MANY medications, infections, infusions, medications, fatigue, nausea, pain, consultations with other doctors, fearing I'll catch a cold and get sicker etc...the battle is seeing your loved ones struggle because I have this illness. And even though I am mindful of the struggle, not really knowing how to help is what is devastating to me.

I am not good at being helpless, emotional nor needing comfort. Its been challenging to let you all help....and though I am appreciative, I am sorry if things have been hard or difficult. That is not my intent. This is new territory for me and its really uncomfortable. Nevertheless, Thank you for your continued compassion and service.
about 3 months ago

No comments:

Post a Comment