Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hello Friends and Family

Shelli Eller Jones
Hello Friends and Family. Just had an interesting experience with a relative who asked about my current symptoms and then quickly interjected that she is in a state of denial and prefers to stay there. I would be in denial too if I could... Everyone handles this differently and I have come to respect that. This is not easy stuff to cope with, so I need to just get better and be done with it once and for all don't I? Well I am trying, its just taking longer than I anticipated :) Thanks for hanging in there with me. Chemo treatment #2 will be Sunday morning to allow for more downtime since I have to work a lot this next week...ugh.

I noticed no one readily accepted my invitation to run a 5K with me this summer....scared? Of what? I'm sure I'll run slower than you, but I will finnish the race. Sisters, are there any cool races to be run in Texas this summer? It has to be for a cool, non-cancer cause--like 'Save The Whales' or 'Strut Your Mutt' or for 'Haiti Children." That sounds reasonable to me. Any takers?
    • Natalia Mery-Dent i will run one here in sl with you.. lol... i would prefer a 'save the whales' run, but will settle for a 'strut your mutt' if i hafta!! ;)
      January 14 at 9:52pm · 

    • Michelle Antoinette I like "strut your mutt" and Yes! I will run one with ya!!!
      January 14 at 9:57pm · 

    • Tiffany Snedaker A relative is in denial about your symptoms? Hmmmm...I guess you are right when you say everyone handles it differently, but I'm wondering how that benefits you as a support when someone else is in denial?
      January 15 at 9:13am · 

    • Shelli Eller Jones Talked with this relative again today...she said her denial is her way of keeping her feelings and thoughts in check and to make sure I don't have to deal with them. Needless to say, I informed her of the latest and she said she would be more supportive of me and spend time with Courtney.
      January 15 at 1:17pm ·  · 1 personTiffany Snedaker likes this.

    • Rebecca Eller Lee
      There is a really cool one here in Frisco in Dec.(Frosty 5K) which I was going to do before I found out about my little bump and didn't want to be out in the cold for too long but maybe this year...5K is no biggie just around 3 miles and I ...do that preggo 3-4 times a week...I would run with you but don't think we'll be in UT much this summer if at all. :(
      Love you big!
      See More
      January 15 at 5:13pm · 

No comments:

Post a Comment